How to solve high & low temp faults of air compressor? | Air Compressor Trouble Shooting Guide
High temperature alarm or shutdown reasons and treatment?
When the compressor is running, the high exhaust temperature exceeds 100℃ will cause protection action.
- Insufficient amount of lubricating oil and incorrect specification of lubricating oil;
- Insufficient cooling water and high cooling water temperature;
- The solenoid valve is not powered or the coil is damaged, the diaphragm is broken or aging;
- The ambient temperature exceeds the specified range;
- Oil cooler blocked;
- For the air cooled air compressor, there are cooling fan motor failure, cooling fan damage wind pipe is not smooth or exhaust resistance (back pressure) is large;
- Thermal control valve failure;
- Air filter is blocked;
- The oil filter is blocked, the opening of the lubricating oil supply regulating valve is small, and the oil flow is too small;
- Temperature switch display failure;
- If the oil level is lower than L, please stop for fuel H and check the oil change product;
- Check the temperature difference between inlet and outlet water pipes and check the inlet water temperature;
- Maintenance and replacement;
- Increase the exhaust air and lower the room temperature;
- Check the temperature difference between the inlet and outlet water pipes. The normal difference is about 5~8℃. If it is greater than 9℃, the oil cooler pipeline may be blocked;
- Repair and replace the cooling fan, the exhaust pipe is not smooth or the exhaust resistance is cleaned with high pressure air;
- Check whether the oil is cooled by the oil cooler, if not, replace the heat control valve;
- Clean the air filter with low-pressure air;
- Replace the oil filter and increase the oil flow regulating valve;
- Repair and replace the temperature switch.
What is the cause and treatment of lower than normal air compressor exhaust temperature?
When the compressor is running, the exhaust temperature is lower than 75℃, which is not conducive to the safe operation of the unit.
- Too much cooling water;
- Low ambient temperature;
- The exhaust temperature is incorrect;
- Failure of thermal control valve (temperature control valve);
- Oil flow is too large;
- Adjust the cooling water quantity;
- Adjust the cooling water temperature;
- Replace the temperature sensor;
- Replace/clean the heat control valve (temperature control valve);
- Adjust the oil flow control valve;
For more information about air compressors, remember to follow Kotech.
we offer a wide selection of high-quality air compressor packages in attractive prices, complete after sales, services with spare parts delivery within round a clock.