How to solve oil & water problem of air compressor?| Air Compressor Trouble Shooting Guide
Ⅰ.Oil, water related common faults and treatment for air compressor
Fault phenomenon: short lubricating oil adding cycle or large oil content in the discharged air of the unit.
- The amount of lubricating oil is too much, so the correct position should be observed when the unit is loading. At this time, the oil level should not be higher than half of the oil level mirror;
- The return oil pipe is blocked;
- The distance between the installation of the return oil pipe and the bottom of the oil separator does not meet the requirements;
- The exhaust pressure of the compressor is too low during operation;
- Oil separator element rupture;
- The internal partition of separation cylinder is damaged;
- Oil system or air end shaft seal leakage phenomenon;
- Lubricating oil deterioration or overdue use;
- Check the oil level and discharge appropriately;
- Remove the oil limit hole of the clean return pipe;
- Adjust the length of return oil pipe insertion;
- Improve the exhaust pressure;
- Check and replace the oil separator;
- Inspect oil and gas drums and repair damaged partitions;
- Eliminate oil leakage;
- Replace the lubricating oil;
Ⅱ.The air end oil overflow reason and treatment?
- Oil seal falls off or oil seal defects leak oil;
- Oil seal leakage due to wear of spindle fixed bearing;
- joint leakage;
- The inlet and return oil pipe joints are loose;
- Casting or processing defects;
- Too much tightening force of transmission belt will increase the clearance on one side of oil seal.
- Oil seal part；Check the size of oil seal, shaft sleeve and box body, and replace those that do not meet the standard;Move the driving shaft to check whether the radial clearance is too large. If the clearance is too large, the sleeve and oil seal should be replaced at the same time.Check whether there are scratches and defects on the joint surface of oil seal and shaft sleeve, and replace them if there are scratches and defects.
- Check whether the oil seal is cracked, whether the inner lip is cracked or flanged.In one of the above cases, the oil seal should be replaced and the spindle bearing should be further checked;
- Check the sealing condition of sealing gaskets at various joint parts, repair or replace the sealing gaskets;
- Check the bolts of the oil inlet and return joints and the box thread and tighten them;
- Check the defects in casting or processing of the box body (such as whether the oil return hole at the installation of the oil seal of the box body is smooth), and repair or replace the defective parts;
- Check and readjust the tightness of the belt. It is advisable to press 10mm with the thumb;
Ⅲ.The reason and treatment of oil overflow from the intake valve when the air compressor is shut down?
Fault phenomenon: lubricating oil spills from the intake valve (commonly known as vomiting oil) when the air compressor is shut down/unloaded.
- Usually because the inlet valve plate is not closed in time;
- Minimum pressure valve stuck, high pressure air flow back when shutdown/unloading, resulting in a large amount of lubricating oil into the host head;
- Excessive lubricating oil, stagnation of intake valve servo cylinder and other problems may also cause such failures.
- Check, clean or replace the intake valve set.
- Check, clean or replace the minimum pressure valve;
- Check and clean the solenoid valve of the intake valve, servo cylinder and air pipe for smooth operation, otherwise it needs to be replaced.
Ⅳ.The cause and treatment of oil leakage in air compressor pipeline?
Fault phenomenon: oil pipeline or French oil leakage
- Incomplete asbestos pad;
- Unqualified gasket materials;
- Non-uniform fastening of flange bolts;
- Leakage of expansion joint.
- Remaking asbestos gaskets;
- use suitable thickness of oil-resistant asbestos board production;
- Retighten the flange;
- Replace the expansion joint.
Ⅴ.The reason and treatment of the large water content in lubricating oil?
Fault phenomenon: lubricating oil emulsification or sewage discharge continuous release of more water.
- The lubricating oil cooler leaks and cooling water enters the lubricating oil;
- The air humidity in the working environment is high;
- Check the oil cooler and eliminate leakage;
- Strengthen the ventilation of the working environment and reduce the discharge of wet air or water in the workplace.
Ⅵ.The reason and treatment of large water content in the air system?
Fault phenomenon: compressed air system water content is large, drain valve constantly release a large amount of water.
- Cooler leakage;
- the dryer does not work normally;
- The gas tank is not regularly waterproof;
- Leak elimination or replacement of cooler after leak detection;
- Dryer existing faults;
- The air compressor air storage tank regularly releases water;
Ⅶ.The cause and treatment of high exhaust pressure?
- The intake valve is stuck and cannot be closed;
- Sudden decrease in gas consumption;
- Load solenoid valve failure;
- The pressure setting is too high;
- Pressure sensor fault;
- Troubleshooting of intake valve;
- Check the change of gas use;
- Check and repair the load solenoid valve;
- Adjust pressure switch Settings;
- Repair or replace the pressure sensor.
Ⅷ.The cause and treatment of low exhaust pressure or reduced exhaust volume?
- Air filter blockage;
- Bad action of intake valve;
- Poor operation of pressure maintenance valve;
- The oil separator is blocked;
- The discharge solenoid valve leaks;
- Improper adjustment of capacity regulating valve;
- Leakage of user pipe network;
- Pressure switch setting is too low or pressure switch failure;
- Pressure sensor or pressure gauge input hose leakage;
- The actual air consumption is greater than the output gas of the uni;
- Disassembly, cleaning and replacement;
- Check whether the intake valve is fully open and eliminate the fault;
- After disassembly, check whether wear, card and spring fatigue are replaced;
- Adjust the valve position of the adjustment valve;
- Eliminate leakage points;
- Replace the meter tube;
- Check air consumption.
For more information about air compressors, remember to follow Kotech.
we offer a wide selection of high-quality air compressor packages in attractive prices, complete after sales, services with spare parts delivery within round a clock.